Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2022

This Town

After living for more than a week in this town, I just realise how bleak Jakarta is. Every corner of it filled with bad memories and my room felt depressing. Despite being the busiest city in this country where most of my acquaintances and my family live, I can’t help but feel the loneliest. And the pandemic situation only makes it worse.

The funny thing is that I don't fall in love with this town the first time I step my foot in it. It took me four times to be exact, and some bad memories tainted this town on my third time. Heartbroken I was, singing my lungs out in the car to the sad songs on this town's street.

When I booked the ticket to this town, concern about that past and quite painful memories emerged, that it would come back and ruin my fourth visit. Yet it didn't, a sign that I'd finally accepted the reality. In fact, I'm elated to be here. The sky at dusk is pretty, many cafes to work remotely, good friends, and most importantly, great food! If only the mass public transportation here is as good as in Jakarta I would seriously consider moving to this town. Or I can just learn how to drive sih ya... (but I have zero navigation skills lol)

Now I can see why some people love to go to a totally random and new place. Sometimes it’s not about the destination but more about the situation, thinking that somewhere else is better than their current place. It’s an escape, but not always in a bad way.

No comments:

Post a Comment