Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

You have bewitched me, body and soul


Elizabeth Bennet : "I couldn't sleep.."
Mr. Darcy : "Nor I. My Aunt..."
Elizabeth Bennet : "Yes. She was here"
Mr. Darcy : "How can I ever make amends for such behavior?"
Elizabeth Bennet : "After what you have done to Lidya, and I suspect for Jane also, it is I who should be making amends.."
Mr. Darcy : "You must know. Surely, you must know, it was all for you... 

You are to generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke to my Aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope, as I had scarcely allowed myself before. If your feeling still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed. But one word from you will silence me forever...

If, however, your feelings have changed, I would have to tell you, you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you... I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.."

No comments:

Post a Comment