Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2018

A business trip: clearly a business, not really a trip.



Two days, guys. It only needs two days for me to reactivate my Instagram account lol (yeah, just go read my previous post).

Anyway, I just got back from a five-days business trip to Bandung. Since day 1, I knew that it would be a very boring trip. Not only because it was a business trip, but also because I was going with a colleague who knew someone in that town a.k.a his significant other. So I was left alone... and lonely lol kidding.

I knew no one in Bandung, and it was raining like almost every evening. How was I supposed to get fun?

Well, I have some acquaintances there so it's not literally "no one". Many work colleagues of mine from Jakarta office were also visiting our new office in Bandung. Despite of their nice gesture to invite me to dine out with them after knowing I seemingly had no agenda for those 5 days (it was out of pity I guess), I still preferred to stroll around the streets and go hunt for foods and photos all by myself. What can I say, I'm an introvert after all.

During my stay, I went strolling around Dago street most of the time, Braga street at the other night, photo-hunting at random places, and yes, visiting coffee shops! But my most favourite thing to do was strolling around Dago at night because the pavements were like heaven for pedestrians (and I'm very fond of walking!). There were benches to sit as well. So after bought a cup of hot chocolate and some pastries from the nearest coffee shop, I chose to sit there for minutes, enjoying my hot chocolate and the warmth it gave me.

Yep, I just love observing people and cars passing by. It helps me to think more clearly sometimes. But at some moments I thought I was just so pathetic to sit there alone, eating some bagels, waiting for certain people to respond my texts... People were looking at me weird. Got catcalled by some locals too (happened many times, not only in Dago).


As I'm an introvert, I thought I would enjoy solo travel a lot. It turned out travelling solo wasn't meant for me, for I dearly love engaging a conversation with people that are close to me (and do silly things with them lol). I couldn't stop thinking how it would be nice if <insert a name or two of my closest ones> were here, enjoying our drinks together, had a lively and deep conversation under the dim light of the lamppost nearby. It was somehow romantic and heart-warming just to think about it.

The loneliness hit me many times. Well I'm just an introvert though, not an anti-social.

I know I'm using the word "introvert" a gazillion times. But that's what I am HAHA. That's why I choose my travel companion very carefully. Well I just don't go anywhere with anyone guys... In fact it would be rather hard to convince me to show up in a crowded place with people I know little about. It's not that I can't mingle with people (trust me, I'm good at it. I'm a UX researcher after all), but it's pretty tiring it can damage my poor soul hehe.

Since I have the highest compassion for my soul and my well-being in general lol, I choose only to go with people I know they might be comfortable around me, hence I might enjoy their company as well.

Anyway, it was not my first time to Bandung kok guys, even though it sounds like it was from my story. It was my first business trip and it was my very first travelling solo. I feel proud of myself for staying alive lol. From what I heard, Dago was famous for its "begal" incidents but I kept strolling at 10 p.m. anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday April! Kabarin dong kalo ke bandung lagi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much though it's not my birthday yet. But still, thanks!

      Delete
    2. Two days, Pril. It only needs two days for you to read that comment. Damn you stickiness.

      Delete